Snow sports can be enjoyed in many ways. At ski areas you may see people using alpine, snowboard, telemark, cross country and other specialized ski equipment, such as that used by disabled or other skiers. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
Check out the new Know The Code Video right here!!
Observe the code listed below and share with other skiers the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
- Always stay in control
- People ahead of you have the right of way.
- Stop in a safe place for you and others.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging, look uphill and yield.
- Use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe signs and warnings, and keep off closed trails.
- Know how to use the lifts safely.
KNOW THE CODE. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
This is a partial list. Be safety conscious.
Officially endorsed by: NATIONAL SKI AREAS ASSOCIATION.